Thanks Fortyteen Candles for nominating my blog for the One Lovely Blog Award.
No that is not the Award, this is:
And you don’t just get an award and then do nothing but be happy about it. There are some things you have to do.
1. Give credit to the person who nominated you. Which I have done.
2. Describe 7 things about yourself. Which I have not done. Yet.
3. Nominate 15 other bloggers. Which I suppose I should do. Even though it is Friday afternoon and I am feeling very lazy.
7 Things About Me
1. I need breakfast first thing in the morning. Other wise this happens…
2. I have an obsessive-compulsive disorder for putting things in the proper place. None of my children seem to have inherited this. They insist on inheriting all my husband’s genes. They will be sorry when they one day grow up and find their houses are on “Hoarders: Buried Alive”. And I will be watching and laughing in my spotless living room.
3. After I had kids I started using Mommy language. This consists of standard sentences such as :”who ate all the ice cream?” “who didn’t flush the toilet?” “who put the cat in the freezer?” as well as “no I don’t have money” “no I have not cooked anything else for dinner besides the four course meal on the table” “no you can’t use my lipstick”. And most commonly, ” I can’t wait till you have kids of your own!”
“who took my tweezers damn it?!”
4. I forget to close the lid on the toilet at night even after reading “Good Habits my Cats Have Taught Me” by http://misanthropology101.wordpress.com/.
And my cat falls in without fail.
5. I got my eyebrows threaded and no longer look that much like Russel Brand. But my daughter still calls me Russel.
6. That is not a picture of my eyebrow. Mine are better.
7. I don’t really care whether Robert Pattinson moved out or not. He is not really Edward Cullen people, get a life!
15 Blogs I Nominate:
1. Story Addict
11. Paddy’s kitchen
12. Nazar Blue
15. Fabulous 50’s
(All pics are from Google Images)
Pingback: Special Post: Blog Awards | Story Addict
Hey! Sorry for the late reply. Congratulations to you and thank you for the nomination. Its very generous of you. I couldn’t read the complete first chapter of your novel yet but i will do it before this weekend positively and give a feedback. Good Day to you!
That is okay, thanks and you are welcome. I’d love to read your feedback. 🙂
Pingback: I’m Honored! | heylookawriterfellow
🙂 you’re welcome
This has to be the most hilarious acceptance speech I have read! I relate to 1, 2 and especially 3. I enjoy watching my daughter deal with the very same issues she and I battled over, with her kids 😀 Truly appreciate the nomination, thank you so much Khaula.
Congratulations ! All The Best !
Most Welcome !
Thank you very much for your nomination for The Lovely Blog Award. It is a great honour 🙂
You are welcome, I love your recipes 🙂
Hi Khaula… saw you on the “spot-light of Madhu” 🙂
interensting the utmost of Edgar Alan Poe…
“I do not suffer from insanity, but enjoy every minute of it”
sometimes it’s necessary to respond to a “reality” somewhat unreal…
Great! (I’m a kind of a writer, but I like this definition…)
Thanks for dropping by. There was a song we used to sing in school, you must have sung it too : “Boom boom ain’t it great to be crazy?” So when that is what you are brought up on it is no surprise we enjoy being nuts.
These are the funniest 7 things I’ve seen in a while! I need to think of a quirk/irk that’s wolf-worthy for my next post. 🙂
Thank you 🙂 I’m sure you’ll come up with plenty of interesting quirks, but just in case you get stuck baby toes and belly buttons often have quirky personalities.
You are so welcome! Great post. I can’t wait to check out the blogs you’ve nominated 🙂
They are all really good 🙂
http://smileinstyle.wordpress.com/2012/07/24/awards/ plz check this … i had nominated u this award ! 🙂 pick it if u like 🙂
I didn’t know,yes I accept, thanks 🙂
Congrats … and thank you so much for nominating me .. u are so sweet 🙂
ur blog rocks 🙂
hugs and kisses
Thanks muuuuaaah 😀
🙂 Hope it got a smile like it did to me 😀
How lovely of you! Many thanks!
Many welcomes 🙂
You are lovely! Thank you so much and I absolutely love the pictures you have picked to give us visual images!
Thanks, I’d be lost without Google.
Thanks for the nomination! 🙂 Great idea putting pics to the 7 things, made it more entertaining. Love that you have better eyebrows. Good thing you didn’t take a picture of them, I’d probably cry from envy ;P
You are very welcome. I didn’t put up my own eyebrows for the very reason that too many girls would be overcome with jealousy and put up weird rants on YouTube.
Congrats on your award! And…thanks for nominating me. I’ll post soon to accept! Sending peace…~Sherry~